Everything you need to know about being a Yakutat Tlingit Tribal Citizen
Tribal Membership Forms
Click to download our electronic forms below
base roll and lineal descent
The Yakutat Tlingit Tribe consists of Base Roll Members from the list of members of the Five Chiefs of Yakutat, attached to the Covenant Not to Sue regarding oil and gas leases issued by the United States Department of the Interior and prepared by the respective Clans on October 22, 1953. Direct Descendent or Direct Lineal Descendent may apply for Membership with the Yakutat Tlingit Tribe where lineage can be traced from parent to child in each generation.
Tribal Membership benefits
- Eligibility for Educational Grants – Most funding is limited, income criteria is applied
- Higher Education Grants – 4 year program
- Adult Vocational Training Grants
- Employment Support – Once per year, $500 amount
- Indian Health Services Benefits
- Voting Beneifts if eligible per YTT Election Ordinance
- NAHASDA Grants – Housing Programs
- Indian Child Welfare Assistant
- Employment & Training Programs: Remedial/GED preparation, Job preparation, Resume writing, OJT opportunities, General assistance grants, Child Care assistance, etc.
- And more